With the support of its networks, CARI intervenes through advocating at international summits. For this reason, it takes part in international meetings of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification, where it advocates for beneficial public policies for the rural populations in dry zones.
Latest participations in international meetings:
COP 13 in Ordos, China
CARI attended the 13th Conference of the Parties for United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in Ordos from September 4th to September 16th, 2017, accompanied by its partner networks (GTD, ReSaD, RADDO).
- On this occasion, it organised and took part in several side events and around ten position papers. Read the news
- Presentation of the form'action module of territorial communities as a montage of the sustainable land management projects. Read the news
- FrancophoneDay. Read the news
- Youth Forum Read the news
- Position on the concept of neutrality in terms of land degradation. Read the news
- Side event on territorial planning. Read the news
COP 22 in Marrakesh, Morocco
From 7 to 18 November 2016 in Marrakech, CARI and its partners were involved the 22nd United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change to bring the Earth back to the forefront of the negotiations.
- Organisation of an "Oasis and arid regions" stand within COP22. Read the news
- Event on food safety and climate change. Read the news
- Organisation of a side event entitled "Grounds and leakage waters within the framework of climate change: which neutral implementations in regard to degradation of the land?" Read the news